美国人如何过感恩节(中英双语)

2018-11-21 15:16:02来源:网络

  感恩节起源于美国,是美国的传统节日,那么你知道美国人是如何庆祝感恩节的吗?今天小编就给大家分享一下美国人如何过感恩节(中英双语),更多关于感恩节相关资讯,欢迎随时关注新东方在线英语学习网。

  Guys, as you know, tomorrow is thanksgiving,

  大家都知道 明天就是感恩节了

  which is a day where Americans celebrate what they have,

  明天所有美国人都会为他们所拥有的东西而庆贺

  before realizing they need more and ditching dinner to sit in a tent outside of best buy.

  然后就会意识到他们拥有的还不够 于是晚饭也不吃了就坐在百思买门外的帐篷里等着抢东西

  Now I've got to say this is my very first thanksgiving, and I'm very excited.

  我想说这是我过的第一个感恩节 我很激动

  But from what I've been learning from everyone,

  但是就我了解到的来看

  your lead-up to thanksgiving is kind of like our lead-up to Christmas, right?

  你们过感恩节跟我们过圣诞节的目的有点像 不是吗

  You guys do this, right?

  你们会做的事有

  The night before a big holiday,

  放长假的前一天晚上

  you go to a bar in the town you grew up in to drink legally

  你会合法的走进你长大的那个镇上的酒吧

  where everyone used to drink illegally, with the same people.

  你以前都是以不合法的身份在那喝酒的 还是跟同一群人一起

  Except today, the mystery's all gone for seeing friends from your hometown. Do you know what I mean?

  今天就不一样了 去见老家的朋友的神秘感全都消失了 你们知道我什么意思吗

  You already know what everyone is up to because of Facebook.

  因为你已经通过脸书了解了每个人的动向

  Like someone's pregnant, someone's divorced, someone's making jewelry, and everyone's fat.

  比如 谁怀孕啦 谁离婚啦 谁在做珠宝啦 然后共同点是大家都胖了

  Which is a relief. It really is.

  看到这个就松了一口气 真的会这样

  But you have got to go, though.

  但你还是要去

  You have to go to that bar because there is a chance you might run into that one girl

  你还是要去那间酒吧 因为可能会遇见

  from the volleyball team that you always had a thing for.

  你喜欢的那个排球队的女孩儿

  You know the one. You see her.

  你知道的 你看着她

  You're afraid to get her number,

  你不敢找她要电话

  but six shots later, you finally get the courage to steal her number from someone else's phone.

  但是六杯酒过后 你终于有了勇气 从别人的手机里把她的电话偷来

  Which means that right now, you're watching this, you're probably up in your childhood bedroom,

  这也就意味着此时此刻 你正躺在小时候的那张床上

  watching me on a television that's probably about that size,

  用一个大概这么大的电视看着我的节目

  you just staring at the phone number thinking, should I call her? Should I do that?

  盯着电话想着 我应该给她打电话吗

  And would she still hook up with you in front of all of your star wars action figures?

  她看到你那些星战的动作片之后还会跟你交往吗

  We all know the answer. Of course she would.

  我们都知道答案 她当然会

  She's going through a divorce. This is part of her journey.

  她刚离婚 这就是她的人生

  But you don't want to take that risk, maybe you should just go to her place.

  但你不想冒险 那就去她家吧

  But you're too drunk to drive, and then you think you've figured it out.

  但你醉得太厉害 开不了车 然后你想出了一个办法

  You'll just call an Uber.

  你可以叫优步啊

  The only problem is Uber hasn't made it to the suburbs where your parents live yet.

  唯一的一个问题是优步不会去你父母住的那个郊区里

  The closest Uber is like two states away.

  最近的一辆优步离你两个州远

  So you go down to the board where your mom keeps her keys.

  于是你拿了妈妈的钥匙

  You see the business card from a cab company that's been there since your childhood.

  你看见了从你小时候起就一直挂在那里的出租车公司的广告牌

  And you think that is it. Yes, this is it.

  然后你想 就是它了

  You're going to get laid tonight.

  你今天晚上要有床伴了

  You call up. And you just fall asleep.

  你打了电话 就睡着了

  Then you wake up in the morning, and here's where it gets different from British holidays.

  早上你醒了 从这里开始就跟英国的假期不一样了

  Because on thanksgiving here,

  因为在美国的感恩节

  you wake up to your mom saying that you're missing the parade.

  你醒来会跟妈妈说 你错过了阅兵

  Right? Is that right? If I get this right, you guys are into this parade.

  是吗 没说错吧 如果我没说错 你们还真是喜欢阅兵啊

  You love this parade, right, Reggie?

  雷吉 你也很喜欢阅兵吧

  This is a big thing.

  这可是件大事

  That is correct.

  是的

  I can understand watching it at home, but why would you go to see it in person?

  你们要是在家看我还能理解 但是你们要出去自己看吗

  It is November in New York.

  这可是纽约的11月哎

  It is 4 degrees.

  外面只有4度

  Even the Pillsbury Doughboy balloon has got hard nipples.

  面团宝宝的乳头都冻硬了

  But then the parade ends, and if it's anything like Christmas where I'm from,

  然后阅兵结束 如果要说跟圣诞节有什么相似之处的话

  you have your thanksgiving dinner at the same time you have dinner every night 2 p.m.

  吃感恩节晚餐的时间跟你以前吃晚餐的时间是一样的 下午两点

  Is this what thanksgiving is like, right? How am I doing so far?

  感恩节是这样没错吧 我说的怎么样

  Is this it? Am I on point?

  对不对 有没有说到点子上

  This is good? OK, good. Because I just like—

  不错吧 好了 因为—

  You have that thing, you sit down, you're having your dinner,

  我还知道你们坐下来吃晚饭的时候

  your mom will ask you if you're dating anyone even though she knows the answer is no,

  妈妈会问有没有跟人约会啊 即使她知道答案是没有

  but the salt from your tears really helps season the mashed potatoes.

  但你泪水里的盐分却能给西红柿好好地调调味

  And it doesn't matter, Christmas or Thanksgiving, your mom overcooked the turkey,

  而且不管是感恩节还是圣诞节 母亲总是会把火鸡烤糊

  and you're like, I shouldn't say anything,

  你就觉得 我不应该说出来

  I should just be grateful that she worked so hard on this dinner and that I'm with my loved ones.

  我应该感激她为晚餐忙碌了这么久 而且我现在正跟我爱的人在一起

  And then your dad has one mouthful and is like, Margaret, you ruined the turkey!

  但你爸就很直接了 他大喊一声 玛格丽特 你火鸡又烤糊啦

  And then you've got my favorite holiday traditions which is when everyone sit around,

  然后就是你们最爱的节日传统了 大家围在一起坐着

  someone says we should watch a movie.

  有人提议我们看个电影吧

  And you debate which movie you should watch for like seven hours.

  然后你们就为应该看什么争了7个小时

  Here's the thing though, no matter how safe you think the movie you picked is,

  而且 不管你觉得选得电影有多安全

  there's always nudity in the film.

  里面总是会出现裸体

  And you have that moment when you're left staring at the screen during a sex scene

  然后总有那么一会儿 只有你一个人还盯着屏幕看着床戏

  while your father clears his throat and everybody just pretends it isn't happening.

  而你的父亲清清喉咙 大家都假装什么事都没发生

  And then everyone just passes out anyway before the movie ends,

  然后电影没结束 大家就都睡着了

  and you'll wake up in the middle of the night for more leftovers,

  然后你会在半夜醒过来找剩菜吃

  which is the best part of it, that midnight journey.

  这就是最有意思的部分了 午夜之旅

  But then you struggle with how to get all of the leftover dishes to fit back in the fridge.

  然后你们就要艰难的试图把所有的剩菜都塞进冰箱

  It's like Tetris with yams. Do you know what I mean?

  就像拿着甘薯玩俄罗斯方块一样 你们知道我什么意思吗

  And then you'll fall back asleep sound in the knowledge

  然后你就又睡着了 心里还在想

  that you won't have to go through this experience again for one whole month.

  之后的一个月都不会再有这种体验了

  Happy thanksgiving, everyone.

  所有人 祝你们感恩节快乐


更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

大促
更多>>
更多课程>>