日常生活英语:盘点含有国名的英文习语

2024-01-24 08:41:00来源:网络

  日常生活英语口语,对于大家来说,也是比较常见的,用到的频率更高。所以加强这部分英语口语的练习,可以更便利大家的生活。那么这些常见的日常生活英语口语都有哪些呢?小编为大家整理了“日常生活英语:盘点含有国名的英文习语”详细的内容,供大家参考练习。

  It’s all Greek to me

  We use this expression when we cannot understand something we read or hear.

  当我们不理解看到的或听到的某件事时,可以使用这句表达。

  “I recently read this book on Metaphysics. Did you understand it, because it was all Greek to me”.

  “我最近看了这本关于玄学的书,你看懂了吗,因为我完全看不懂。”

  Go Dutch

  We go Dutch when we go to a restaurant and share the bill.

  我们用这个习语表示去餐馆并且各自结账。

  “Rachel does not like her male companion to offer her dinner. She always prefers to go Dutch”.

  “瑞秋不喜欢男伴请客,她喜欢各付各的。”

  Chinese Whispers (UK)

  This expression is often used as a metaphor for mistakes and inaccurate information which comes from rumours of gossip.

  这个习语通常比喻因为谣言而产生的错误或不准确的信息。

  “All this talk about the Prime Minister resigning is just Chinese Whispers.”

  “关于首相辞职的谣言纯属无中生有。”

  Talk for England

  When someone can talk for hours and hours

  这个习语指的是某人可以长篇大论讲很久

  “I’m so sorry I’m late. I couldn’t get away from Linda. She can talk for England!”

  “抱歉我迟到了。琳达太能讲了,我实在脱不开身。”

  Dutch Courage

  When you need a little alcohol to give you the courage or confidence to do something.

  这个习语用在你需要一点酒来壮胆做某事的时候。

  “I think I’ll have a quick drink for Dutch Courage before I ask that girl to dance with me”.

  “我觉得邀请那个女孩和我跳舞之前我应该喝点酒壮胆。”

  Pardon My French (UK)

  We use this expression before or after we have said something rude, for example, a swear word.

  在我们说了粗鲁的话,比如脏话之前或之后,可以用这句。

  “Who the fuck do you think you are...pardon my French.”

  “你以为你是什么东西……不好意思我骂人了。”

  A Mexican Standoff

  This expression is often used in a business situation when two sides cannot agree

  这句话通常用在谈生意的时候双方未能达成一致。

  “There appears to be a Mexican Standoff as neither party can agree on the terms of the merger”.

  “显然双方未能达成一致,在合并条款上仍存在争执。”

  Indian Summer (UK)

  a period in late autumn when the weather is unusually warm

  秋天快要结束的时候,天气比较暖和的那段时间。

  “Much as I love this Indian Summer, I wish we had this warm weather in the summer rather than in October”.

  “尽管我很喜欢秋天末温暖的天气,我更希望夏天也能有这个温度而不是十月份。”

  Slow Boat to China

  We use this expression to describe something that is very slow and takes a long time.

  这句习语用来描述做某件事需要花费很长的时间。

  “Waiting for the architects to produce their plans was like taking the slow boat to China”.

  “等待建筑师们的设计计划需要花费很长时间。”

  10. Too Many Chiefs and Not Enough Indians

  This is often used to describe a company where there are too many managers and not enough people doing the actual work.

  这句话指的是公司里有太多经理而真正干活的人很少。

  “The trouble with that company is that there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians”.

  “那家公司的问题是经理太多而真正干活的人很少。”

  以上就是为大家整理的“日常生活英语:盘点含有国名的英文习语”相关内容,更多日常生活英语口语精彩内容,请关注本频道的持续更新!

本文关键字: 日常生活英语

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

大促
更多>>
更多课程>>