双语阅读:勇气

2012-08-20 00:00:00来源:沪江英语网


  从小到大一直以来,我最喜欢的电影之一是《绿野仙踪》。你曾经看过这部电影吗?在我的生命中的特定时候,我可以联系到书里的每个人物,事实上,这可能就是为什么这些电影如此大获成功的原因之一。
  Courage

  勇气

  One of my favorite movies growing up was The Wizardof OZ.

  从小到大一直以来,我最喜欢的电影之一是《绿野仙踪》。

  Did you ever see it?

  你曾经看过这部电影吗?

  In Dorothy's adventures, she was accompaniedby theTin Man,who wanted a heart,

  在多萝西的冒险故事中, 陪伴着她的是想要一颗心的铁皮人,

  the Scarecrow,who wanted a brain,

  想要大脑的稻草人,

  the Lion,who wanted courage,and her faithfuldog Toto.

  想要勇气的狮子,还有她的忠实的狗托托。

  At certain times in my life,I could relate to each of those characters,

  在我的生命中的特定时候,我可以联系到书里的每个人物,

  I think we all can,

  我想我们都可以,

  In fact, that’s probably one of the reasons why the movies are so popular.

  事实上,这可能就是为什么这些电影如此大获成功的原因之一,

  Sometimes we lack something.

  有时候我们缺少一些东西。

  Often it's courage.

  通常它就是勇气。

  Because we interact with people all day and we are often forced to be more public' than we'd like.

  因为我们每天与人打交道,我们经常被迫比我们想的更为公开。

  It could be a job interview. it could be a presentation,

  它可能是一次工作面试。它可能是一次演讲,

  well,we have to muster our courage and perform in front of others,

  嗯,我们必须鼓起勇气在别人面前表现,

  or it could be standing in front of a group and simply introducing yourself.

  或者,这也可能是站在一群人面前,进行简单的自我介绍。

  I think some people are naturally courageous.

  我想有些人天生就是勇气非凡。

  They are great at public speaking,

  他们非常善于演讲,

  They don't seem to get too nervous,

  他们似乎不太紧张,

  Others... well, just the thought of speaking in front of others causes them to get butterflies... to break out in a sweat, ...to start stuttering why is that?

  而别人……嗯,只是想在人面前说话……就使他们感到紧张,开始汗流浃背,开始结巴,那是为什么?

本文关键字: 英美电影

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>