新概念阅读:事情太多更好理清头绪

2013-01-06 00:00:00来源:可可英语


  新概念阅读:
  Sometimes you don’t feel like doing anything.
  有时间你会觉得什么都不想做。

  When you find yourself not in the zone… what do you do?
  当你发现自己完全不在状态的时候,你会怎么做?

  How do you get things done when you don’t feel like doing anything?
  在你什么事情都不想做的时候,你得怎么完成工作呢?

  Not Getting Anything Done
  什么事情都做不成

  The other night I found myself unable to get anything done.
  不久前的晚上,我发现我就是什么事情都做不完。

  I was tired. Energy levels were low.
  我非常累,精力非常差。

  My mind just wanted to shut down for the day.
  我的心里只想在这天停工休息。

  Yet, I had 2 hours of free time on my hands and a todo list a mile long.
  但是我还有两小时的空闲时间,还有好长好长一段待办清单。

  I was having trouble getting motivated to do anything.
  我没办法激发自己的动力去做任何事情。

  “When you least ‘want’ to do something, is often when you most ‘need’ to take action.”
  有句话说的好:当你最不想做某事的时候,也正是你最需要采取行动的时候。

  Determined to get something done… (anything really)… I picked up one small task.
  我决心要做点什么事(什么事都行),于是我选择了一件很小的工作。

  I figured if I couldn’t get anything else done, I would do just this one task.
  我想通了:如果我没办法完成其他的事情,我至少要做好这件工作。

  Just One Task
  只完成一件工作

  I forced myself into doing that one task.
  我强迫自己去做这件工作。

  It was a low effort task. It could be done in a few minutes.
  这是一件轻松省力的活儿,只要几分钟就能完成。

  It involved scanning a 1-page receipt and emailing it to a colleague.
  只是扫描一页收据,然后用邮件发给同事就行。

  Within a few minutes it was done. Scanned, emailed, and finished.
  几分钟就能完成,扫描,发邮件,搞定啦。

  It felt good to cross even one item off my todo list.
  完成了工作,从待办清单上划掉这一项,感觉非常好。

  Glancing at my list, I soon found a few other items that I was interested in addressing.
  再看一眼待办清单,我会发现还有其他一些事宜我也愿意花时间去处理。

  I was soon doing some related tasks. An expense report. Answering several emails. And more.
  接着我做了一些相关的工作。提交报销单,回复邮件,接着是更多的事情。

  You could say that once I got myself in motion, I stayed in motion.
  可以说一旦我开始行动了,我就会保持这种状态。

  One Thing Done, What’s Next?
  做好一件事,然后呢?

  When you find yourself unable to get anything done, try focusing on getting just one thing done.
  如果你发现自己没办法做任何事,那不妨先将精力集中完成其中的一件事情。

  One-at-a-time. That is how progress is made.
  一次做一件,依此类推,我们都是这样一点点取得进步的。

本文关键字: 工作

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>