《丑女贝蒂》:我是副刊编辑了

2013-01-07 00:00:00来源:可可英语


  台词欣赏

  Betty:I am an attractive, intelligent, confident associate features editor.

  我是个迷人的,聪明的,自信的副专题编辑。

  Woman:Here you go.

  进来。

  Betty:I get my own credit card?

  我有公司的信用卡了?

  Woman:Yeah, if you're an editor here, you get one. It's one of the many perks of your new position. But don't get too excited. They put a $100 cap on lunches.

  对是这里的编辑的话,就有。这是你新工作的各类津贴之一,别太高兴的太早午餐消费上限100美元。

  Betty:Oh, per week?

  每周吗?

  Woman:Per lunch, honey. Oh, and if you're here past normal work hours, of course you have access to the Meade town cars, as well as the gym and steam room. And your new ID Badge. Nice picture.

  每餐,亲爱的。如果你加班的话,就可以坐公司的豪华轿车,还可以去健身房和蒸汽房。这是你的身份卡,照片不错。

  Betty:It really is. Thank you.I know Mode is a fashion magazine, and that's great.I just think that we could also be telling stories that matter, you know, touching people's lives?

  是挺不错的,谢谢。 我知道《风尚》是时尚杂志,这点很好。我只是认为我们还可以登一些真正有意义的故事感动我们的读者。

  Woman:Yeah, I just like the pictures of the shoes.

  对,我就喜欢看鞋子的照片。

  Betty:Yeah. No, the shoes are...The shoes are great.I have plenty of those kinds of ideas, too.

  是的,鞋子,鞋子很好。我也有大把这样的主意。

  Woman:You know, I remember checking you in three years ago. When you first started working here, and I thought,God, I'll be processing that girl's exit paperwork within a month.Congratulations. Enjoy your new office.

  知道吗,我记得三年前接待你来报道,那时你才来工作。当时我想老天,我会在一个月内办理她的离职手续。恭喜你!好好享受新办公室。

  Mee-gan: Betty, hi.We've never technically met. I'm Mee-gan. Not Meg-Gan or May-Gan. Mee-Gan.

  贝蒂,你好!我们其实没正式见过。我是米根,不是梅根或者美根,米根。

  Betty: I know. I've read everything you've done for "Mode." I think your features are amazing.

  我知道我读过你给《风尚》写的所有文章,我认为你的专题很好。

  Mee-gan:That stuff has to go. Super cute, but it's policy. Editor decor has to be fashion-related.

  那些东西得搬走,非常可爱。但规定是编辑们的办公陈设必须是时尚的。

  Betty:Oh. Okay. Yeah. Um, are we sharing? 'cause I thought she said that this was my office.

  好,好。我们是共用办公室吗? 因为我听她说这是我的办公室。

  Mee-gan:That's adorable.You thought an associate editor would get her own office. I just want to eat you up.

  真可爱,你认为副编辑有自己的办公室吗?你可爱得我恨不得一口吃了你。

  Betty:Um, well, this will be fun.We'll be office mates.

  这会很有意思的,我们会是同事了。

  Mee-gan:Yeah. It's more fun not to be. I had my own office, which took four years to get. But I just had to give it to our new boss. I think you might know him.

  是吗?不是同事的话,我更开心。我曾有自己的办公室,四年才得到的。但现在得让给我们的新老板了,你可能认识他。

  词汇提炼:

  associate: 副的

  feature: 专题

  editor: 编辑

  perk: 额外津贴

  position: 工作

  cap: (费用的)最高限度

  per: 每一

  gym: 健身

  ID: 身份证

  badge: 证章

  technically: 专门地

  process: 处理

  exit: 退出

  paperwork: 文书工作

  decor: 装饰

  fashion-related: 与时尚有关的

  share: 共享

  adorable: 可爱

  mate: 同事

  touch: 感动

  重点词汇精讲:

  Process

  Exp. deal with (a document, etc) officially

  审查, 审阅, 处理(文件等)

  Eg. It may take a few weeks for your application to be processed.

  审查你的申请书也许要等几个星期。

  Touch

  Usage: ~ sb/sth (with sth)

  Exp. make (sb/sb's feelings) sympathetic or sad

  感动(某人); 触动(某人的感情)

  Eg. Her tragic story touched us all deeply/touched our hearts with sorrow.

  她的经历很悲惨, 我们都深受感动。

  Eg. He never seems to have been touched with the slightest remorse for his crimes.

  他似乎从来没有丝毫悔罪之意。

  短语提炼:

  associate editor: 副编辑

  credit card: 信用卡

  steam room: 蒸汽房

  have access to: 使用

  plenty of: 许多

  eat up: 吃光

  past normal work hours:加班,超过正常工作时间

  as well as:而且,还有

  a fashion magazine:一本时尚杂志

  those kinds of:那种

  check sb in:接待某人进入

  started doing something:开始做某事

  process exit paperwork:办理离职手续

  within a month:一个月内

  office mates:办公室同事

  take sometime to do sth:花费多少时间做某事

  重点短语深化记忆:

  1. have access to

  Eg. I have access to his office.

  我可以进出他的办公室。

  Eg. We tell our kids they can't have access to the Internet.

  我们不让孩子们上网。

  Eg. Only two men in the company have access to the secret records.

  公司只有两个人可以查阅秘密档案。

  Eg. Only a few people have access to the full fact of the case.

  只有少数几个人能看到有关该案全部事实的材料。

  2 . plenty of

  Eg. He is a young man with plenty of snap.

  他是一个精力充沛的小伙子。

  Eg. Don't break your neck on the work; you have plenty of time.

  你不用那么拼命地工作;有的是时间。

  Eg. There is plenty of time;we needn't rush.

  有充足的时间,我们没必要跑。

  Eg. He took in plenty of velvet when he worked for the firm.

  他替该公司工作时得到一大笔钱。

  3. eat up

  Eg. I said we'd just eat up the odds and ends.

  我说我们只吃残羹剩饭就行了。

  Eg. Eat up your fish and don' t be so finicky.

  把你的鱼吃完,别太挑剔了。

  Eg. You should eat up every grains of rice in your bowl.

  你应将碗中的米饭吃得一粒不剩。

  Eg. He wants to eat it up at a mouthful.

  他要一口把它吃掉。

  4. as well as

  Eg. Boys as well as girls are taught cookery in school these days.

  现在学校里男女学生都学烹饪。

  Eg. Let' s share in our troubles as well as in our joys.

  让我们同甘共苦吧。

  Eg. He composed mystery stories as well as love poems.

  他既写爱情诗也写神秘故事。

  Eg. He worked as well as a skilled worker.

  他工作和熟练工人一样出色。

本文关键字: 丑女贝蒂,美剧

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>