《复仇》:花心萝卜

2013-01-10 00:00:00来源:可可英语

  You're home.

  你回来了

  I was beginning to question if you lived here anymore.

  我开始疑问你是否还住在这里了

  Well, then we're even,

  那彼此彼此了

  because I was beginning to question

  因为我也开始疑问

  if you'd lost my number.

  你是不是丢了我的号码

  W-w--actually, I lost my phone.

  其实是我把手机弄丢了

  Uh, Tyler told me you canceled dinner.

  泰勒告诉我你取消了晚餐

  What is he talking about?

  他在胡说什么

  I came by to see what you like to eat.

  我还去找你问你想吃什么

  I'll kill him.

  我要杀了他

  I stared at empty chair for two hours

  我盯着空凳子两个小时

  until I finally accepted that you had stood me up.

  直到我接受你放了我鸽子的事实

  Your chair didn't look so empty to me.

  空凳子在我眼里可不空

  I saw you and Jack through the windows.

  我看到你和杰克在一起

  I know. I'm not proud of it.

  我知道 我不该那么做

  I made that dinner for you, Daniel.

  那顿晚餐是特别为你而做 丹尼尔

  Jack and I are just friends.

  杰克和我只是朋友

  He came by unexpected and he was hungry.

  他不期而至 刚好又很饿

  I didn't want the food to go to waste.

  我不想浪费食物

  I'm such an idiot.

  我真傻

  Yeah, a little bit.

  是有点儿

  You know, I was supposed to start working for my dad today, but couldn't do it.

  今天我本该开始为我爸工作的 但做不到

  Why not?

  为什么不呢

  Because he's a philandering dirtbag.

  因为他是个花心大萝卜

  And if I can't look at him,

  如果我都不想看他

  how am I supposed to work for him?

  又怎么能为他工作

  Are you sure you're not using

  你确定你不是利用

  the fact that he's a philandering dirtbag

  他是花心萝卜这个事实

  as an excuse not to have to work for him?

  做借口而安慰自己不用非得为他工作

  Well, it's not just that...

  不仅仅是因为

  I'm finally seeing him for what he really is.

  我终于发现他的真实面目

  I think it's also that he now sees me for what I really am.

  我想也是因为他也重新认识了我

  And what's that?

  真实的你是什么样

  Scared...

  心怀恐惧

  I guess.

  我想

  It's a hell of a lot harder to disappoint your father

  让你父亲失望可比

  than to let him know he disappointed you.

  让他知道你对他失望困难得多

  I stared at empty chair for two hours until I finally accepted that you had stood me up.我盯着空凳子两个小时直到我接受你放了我鸽子的事实

  stare at: 凝视

  It's impolite to stare at a girl.

  盯着姑娘看是很不礼貌的。

  She continued to stare at his head.

  她继续盯着他的头。

  stand sb up: 失约

  First she agreed to come out with me, then she stood me up.

  她先是同意跟我出去,后来又爽约了。

  I'm not proud of it.我不该那么做

  be proud of: 以 ... 为满意(以 ... 而骄傲, 自豪)

  The shop was proud of its exclusiveness.

  这商店因别具一格而沾沾自喜。

  Tom is very proud of his new car.

  汤姆非常满意自己的新车。

本文关键字: 复仇

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>