《童话镇》:升职是应该的

2013-01-17 00:00:00来源:可可英语

  I'm sorry.

  抱歉

  That's not for you.

  那个不是给你的

  It's been two weeks.

  已经两个星期了

  Promotion is automatic.

  理应升职了

  Unless the mayor appoints someone else

  除非镇长在此期间指定了别人

  within the time period, which I'm doing today.

  而今天我恰好要这么做

  So who's it gonna be?

  那么谁会是警长

  After due reflection, Sidney Glass.

  经过一段时间的考虑 西德尼·格拉斯

  Sidney from the newspaper?

  报社的那个西德尼吗

  How does that even make sense?

  这太荒谬了吧

  Well, he's covered the sheriff's office

  自人们记忆之初

  for as long as anyone can remember.

  他就在警长办公室做事了

  And he'll do whatever you want him to.

  而且他对你言听计从

  You just cannot stand the fact

  你就是无法忍受

  that things have been getting better around here, can you?

  事情往好的方向发展 是不是

  Better?

  好的方向

  Are you referring to Graham's death as better?

  你觉得格兰姆的死是件好事吗

  No.

  不

  He was a good man, Ms. Swan.

  他是个好人 斯旺女士

  He made this town safe, and forgive me for saying it,

  他保障了镇子的安全 恕我冒昧

  but you have not earned the right to wear his badge.

  你可没有资格接替他的位置

  Graham picked me... to be deputy.

  格兰姆选了我来当副警长

  He was wrong.

  他选错了人

  No, he knew what he was doing.

  不 他知道自己该选什么样的人

  He freed this office from your leash.

  他设法让警署摆脱了你的控制

  You're not getting it back.

  你别想卷土重来

  Actually, I just did.

  事实上 我已经做到了

  Ms. Swan, you're fired.

  斯旺女士 你被开除了

本文关键字: 童话镇

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>