双语:专属吃货的瞬间 生命在于美食

2013-08-29 00:00:00来源:沪江英语

  1. The neverending need to try new foods.

  生命不息,试吃不止。

  It’s like being a drug addict, but instead of booze and crack it’s crackers and anchovies.

  你就像个瘾君子一样,但惹你上瘾的不是酒精或毒品,而是小饼干和凤尾鱼。

  2. The overwhelming need to order something different every time you eat out.

  每次出去吃都一定要点些不同的食物

  No matter if it’s McDonald’s or Le Bernardin, you will never on any occasion order the same thing twice.

  不管是在麦当劳还是伯纳丁餐厅,无论如何你都不会点两次相同的食物。

  3. Not being able to order the same thing someone at your tabled ordered, because that would be insane.

  不能点同一桌客人点过的东西,因为这样做和精神病人没区别。

  You were going to get the duck, but since Janet decided to “get something exotic” you’re stuck ordering the shrimp. You hate Janet.

  你准备点只鸭子,但那时简内特决定要些“异域特色”,所以你改成吃虾。并从此以后讨厌简内特。

  4. Lying about where all your money goes.

  骗自己钱的流向。

  You know where it goes; to $200 dinners, that’s where.

  但你知道钱究竟花在什么地方了:200美元一顿的晚餐。

  5. Risking your vacation by eating authentic street food.

  度假时冒险去吃正宗路边摊。

  “What is that? Goat? No. Is it meat? Ah, screw it! Give me one and make it spicy.” — You, before you spend the whole next day on the toilet.

  “那是什么东西?山羊肉?不是。是肉吗?啊,管那么多干嘛,给我一块,要多加辣的。”——然后就等着第二天在厕所里蹲一天吧。

  6. Being called a “foodie” from people who think they’re trying to be cute.

  有些想对你表示友好的人会管你叫“吃货”。

  “I bet you’ll love this place, you foodie. It has weird things on the menu.”

  “我打赌你这吃货肯定喜欢这里,他们菜单上有好多稀奇古怪的东西。”

  7. Waiting in line, seemingly forever, just to try the “newest thing.”

  排着似乎永远也轮不到自己的长队,只是为了尝尝“最新推荐”。

  Whether it’s a restaurant or food truck, newbie or classic, you will wait in line. There’s a 90% chance the food will suck, but that 10% …

  不管是在餐厅里还是在移动餐车上,不管是新式创意还是古典传统,你都会挤紧那条队伍中。一般90%的情况下排到的东西都很难吃,但为了另外的10%还是值得等待的。

  8. Driving hours to try the “best taco you’ve ever tasted.”

  不惜开车几小时,只为吃到“最好吃的墨西哥玉米卷”

  Was it the best taco? Meh. Was it worth the journey? You betcha.

  那是最好吃的玉米卷吗?嗯,大概吧。值得大老远跑一趟吗?那还用问!

  9. Not understanding people who think seafood is gross.

  不理解为什么有些人觉得海鲜恶心。

  Being allergic I get, but thinking it’s “icky” … not so much.

  要是因为他们对海鲜过敏还值得理解,但是认为海鲜恶心的,就很让人费解了……

  10. When friends give you a hard time for ordering something simple.

  一起点餐时你朋友给你出难题:“点些简单的就成”。

  “Yeah, I got a scoop of vanilla. What of it?!”

  “好吧,我这儿点一勺香草,够简单不?”

  11. Not throttling people when they say plebian things, like “cilantro tastes like soap.”

  当人们说出“香菜尝起来像肥皂”一类的肤浅评论时,就有一股抑制不住想要掐死他的冲动。

  Almost as frustrating as people not knowing that coriander and cilantro are the SAME EFFING THING!

  大概很多人都不知道,香菜和芫荽就是一种东西!

本文关键字: 双语

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>