本集内容
Why the rainbow you see is unique to you
为什么你眼中的彩虹是独一无二的
文字稿
The rainbow you see will never be the same as the rainbow your friend sees.
你看到的彩虹,和你朋友看到的永远不会完全相同。
Here's why.
背后的原因是这样的。
With the Sun behind you, and the rain in front, a rainbow appears at an angle of 42 degrees from the point directly opposite the Sun.
当太阳在你身后,你的前方又正在下着雨时,彩虹就会出现在背对太阳方向 42 度角的位置。
White sunlight is made up of different colours, which bend differently through raindrops.
太阳光由多种不同颜色的光构成,这些光在穿过雨滴时会发生不同程度的折射。
Each colour exits at a slightly different angle, forming a rainbow.
这使得每种光射出时的角度都略有不同,从而汇聚成彩虹。
If your friend stood just a step to your left, or a step to your right, the angle of the light will be different, and the rainbow will appear differently to them.
如果你朋友站在你的左侧或者右侧,哪怕只有一步之遥,光线的角度也会变化,你们看到的彩虹也会有所不同。
The same applies if they're taller or shorter than you, but standing in the exact same spot.
同理,即使站在完全相同的位置,和你身高不同的人看到的彩虹也会有所差异。
The difference might be small, and you might not notice it, but it will be different.
虽然差异微乎其微,甚至你们可能都不会注意到,但你们看到的彩虹确实不同。
Rainbows are a personalised optical phenomenon.
可以说,彩虹是一种 “因人而异” 的光学现象。
For your eyes only.
是专属于你一人的视觉体验。
重点词汇或表达
angle 角度
be made up of 由……组成,由……构成
bend 折射,偏折
personalised 个性化的,因人而异的
optical 光学的

