《超能英雄》精华精讲:剪脚趾头

2012-03-13 00:00:00来源:网络
\


边看边学:
-Noah: Hey. Your mom made waffles.
嘿。你妈妈做了华夫饼干。
-Claire: Uh, okay. I'll be down in a minute.
好的。我马上下去。
-Noah: You were right to be angry. You tried to talk to me, and I lost my temper. I'm sorry.
你应该生气地。你在跟我谈话,我却跟你发脾气。对不起。
-Claire: No, it's fine. I shouldn't have ambushed you with all those questions.
没有,我没事。我不该突然问你那些问题。
-Noah: Of course you should, Claire.
Claire,你应该问得。
I've asked you to carry around a heck of a secret. And I think sometimes I don't appreciate how difficult that must be.
我让你保守这么多秘密。有时候,我没意识到这其实是很辛苦的。
So if you have anything you want to ask me, as long as we're in the privacy of our own home, please, ask away.
所以,如果你有问题想要问我,只要在我们这个家里,别犹豫,问吧。
-Claire: If someone here found out about me, what would happen?
如果这里有人发现了我,会怎么样?
-Noah: We'd have to leave California immediately. Go deeper into hiding.
我们必须立即离开加利福尼亚。躲得更隐秘点。
Maybe forgo schools and jobs altogether. That's worst case scenario.
有可能会放弃工作和学校。这是最坏的打算。

[Scene: School]
-Claire: It was a pedicure.
我在修脚趾甲。
-West: I'm sorry.
你说什么?
-Claire: The other night. That's what I was doing. I was giving myself a pedicure.
那天晚上。你看到我的时候。我只是在修脚趾甲。
-West: You're not very good at it.
看起来你不太擅长这个。
-Claire: What is it with you creeping around my house at night anyway?
你在我家附近鬼鬼祟祟的干什么?
-West: Just tryin' to lend you a book.
只是想借给你一本书。
-Claire: Okay, you know what, if I want to start a book club with you, I'll let you know. Until then, just stay away from me.
这么说吧,如果我想要跟你成立读书俱乐部,我会告诉你的。但是现在离我远一点。
-West: Will do. Just walk me through this one last time. I didn't see you cut off your toe, is that right?
我会的。只要你告诉我那天晚上是怎么回事。我没有看到你切断自己的脚趾头,对吗?
-Claire: The bottle of nail polish fell over and it just looked like it was bleeding.
指甲油瓶子打翻了,所以看起来像是流血了。
-West: Improvising is really not your forte.
随机应变真不是你的长处。
-Claire: Why are you such a smart-ass?
为什么你总是喜欢刷小聪明?
-West: Why are you so bad at lying?
为什么你这么不会撒谎?
-Claire: I'm not lying.
我没说谎。
-West: Fine then. You gave yourself a pedicure. And your toe came off and then came back on. Works for me.
很好。你给你自己修脚指甲。你的脚趾头掉了,然后又长出来了。明白了。
-Claire: I'm going to class.
我要去上课了。
-West: Don't do your nails on the way.
别在路上修你的脚指甲。



单词回顾:
waffle: 华夫饼
lose one’s temper: 发怒,发脾气
ambush: 埋伏
carry around: 随身携带 a heck of: 极度的 appreciate: 意识
privacy: 隐私
immediately: 马上 go deep: 深入
forgo: 放弃 case: 案例 scenario: 方案
pedicure: 修脚趾甲
creep: 蹑手蹑脚地走
stay away from: 离…远点,远离
walk through: 详细解释cut off: 切掉 toe: 脚趾
nail polish: 指甲油 nail: 指甲 polish: 磨光
improvise: 临时凑合 forte: 特长
smart-ass: 自作聪明的人
come off: 脱落 come back: 复原

本文关键字: creep

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>