《丑女贝蒂》:贝蒂的"痢疾"计划

2013-01-06 00:00:00来源:可可英语

  台词欣赏

  You want to hear another idea, which is okay,

  你想听听别的点子 倒也可以

  because I have a whole bunch of them. Um...

  因为我有一堆点子

  Okay, okay. I have to say something.

  好吧 好吧 我必须说点什么

  So, what? Uh, mosquito netting, malaria.

  什么呢 蚊帐 疟疾

  No, don't say "malaria." Wilhelmina hates malaria.

  不能说疟疾 威廉敏娜讨厌疟疾

  Now I can't get it out of my head!

  但它在我脑中挥之不去

  malaria, malaria.

  疟疾 疟疾

  Betty, we're waiting.

  贝蒂 我们在等

  Sorry. I just have to, um, organize my notes.

  抱歉我只是整理一下我笔记

  Don't say "malaria." don't say "malaria."

  不要说 疟疾" 说疟疾

  Don't say...

  别说了

  Malaria!

  疟疾

  Oh, dear god. No!

  噢 天哪 不

  Wait. See, the united nations has this program

  等等 看 联合国有这项计划

  they promote bed netting to stop the spreading of malaria

  他们通过蚊帐来隔离疟疾

  In third world countries, it's called "nothing but nets." it's very clever, right?

  在第三世界 这叫做只需蚊帐 很聪明 是吗

  You're not gonna stop, are you?

  你不准备停了 是吗

  What if we got a big designer to make a series of dresses out of the bed netting material?

  如果请大牌设计师 设用蚊帐的材料来设计计一系列衣服

  And--and the U.N. Will let people shoot there

  然后联合国就会让我们去那拍摄

  if they promote awareness of one of their initiatives.

  如果我们在宣传他的口号

  Ok

  行了

  It's a win-win, really.

  这是双赢的想法 真的

  See, we look great, we're promoting a great cause.

  我们穿着很美 而且还推广了项伟大的计划

  It's only $10 to buy a net and save a life. I mean

  买个蚊帐只要10块还能拯救生命

  I said okay! Don't make me take it back

  我说够了 不要逼我再说遍

  because the sound of your voice is annoying me.

  因为你说话让我很烦

  Sorry.

  抱歉

  All right, I'm done with you.

  行了 按你说的做

  Push all my afternoon meetings to next week.

  把我所有下午的会议推迟到下周

  I am going home. And I'm getting a pedicure. Oh!

  我要回家 我还要去修个脚 还有修指甲

  1. get something out of my head:忘记脑海中的事情,摆脱脑海中的事情

  Eg. I wish I would get the picture of that awful accident out of my head

  我希望能忘却那场可怕的意外事故的情景。

  Eg. I'd get that idea out of my head, if I were you.

  要是我是你的话,我就不打这个注意。

  Eg. I couldn't get his words out of my head.

  这句话总是萦绕在我脑海里。

  2. a bunch of:很多

  Eg. His friends are just a bunch of hooligans.

  他的朋友们只是一群流氓。

  Eg. He cut off a bunch of grapes to entertain us.

  他剪下一串葡萄招待我们。

  3. nothing but:只有,只不过

  Eg. He did nothing but complain.

  他除了抱怨以外,什么也没做。

  Eg. He has nothing but money on his mind.

  他思想上除了钱外没有别的。

  4. what if:如果......将会怎么样

  Eg. What if you were to run out of money? What would you do?

  假设你的钱用完了呢?你将怎么办呢?

  Eg. What if the rumor is true?

  万一谣传真有其事呢?

  5. a series of :一系列,一连串

  Eg. We shall take a series of measures to stop air pollution.

  我们将采取一系列措施制止空气污染。

  Eg. Relations between us have become frayed through a series of misunderstandings.

  我们之间产生了一连串的误解, 因而关系紧张了。

  6. take back:收回

  Eg. If you don't take back what you said about me, I'm going to knock your block off.

  要是你不把谈论我的话收回,我就要狠狠揍你。

  Eg. John told us to take back what we had said about his wife being unfaithful.

  约翰要我们把说出他太太不忠实的言论收回。

本文关键字: 丑女贝蒂,美剧

更多>>
更多课程>>
更多>>
更多内容

英语学习资料大礼包

加微信免费领取电子版资料

生活口语流利说
更多>>
更多公开课>>
更多>>
更多课程>>